Location: Manchester, Birmingham, London or Sudbury (Suffolk)
SRL Technical Services Limited is an established Environmental Consultancy. We specialise in acoustics, air quality, ecology, environmental assessment and energy auditing. We work widely in the external environment, design of the built environment and the civil engineering / infrastructure sectors. We have an excellent reputation with our clients and others in the industry.
The role would suit an ambitious person who is keen to develop their career to a senior position with an established consultancy. We select based on ability and attitude, we offer highly flexible roles for the right person. Whether you are a specialist or generalist we have roles where you can thrive.
We are looking for either;
- an experienced professional with environmental consulting or environmental auditing experience
- OR an exceptional graduate who is willing to commit to training at SRL
- Management of environmental consultancy projects
- Customer management
- Project team co-ordination
- Attendance at client project meetings and site visits
- Production of clear and concise reports
- Liaison with clients outside of project work and building effective business relationships
- General project and personal management: organisation, planning, collating and storing information
- Technical work: advising clients, checking peers’ work, reviewing options,
- Client liaison: communicating with customers by email, telephone, and face-to-face
- Development: improving methods, automating repetitive tasks, improving quality and service
Key skills and experience:
- Communication skills
- Project management
- Data management
- Outgoing attitude
- Self motivation and organisation
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Training or qualifications in an environmental or engineering discipline
- (and a desire to continue professional development throughout your career at SRL)
Desirable skills and experience:
- Membership of technical / environmental bodies
- Client relationship management experience
We offer an attractive salary complemented by SRL’s tangible (bonus, pension, employee ownership schemes) and intangible (location, culture, flexibility) benefits. We discourage long hours and promote a healthy work/life balance; staff wellbeing is one of our priorities. You will know most of your colleagues by the end of your first week and interact with them daily.
Applications are encouraged from all candidates who meet or exceed the criteria regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.
To apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter outlining what interests you in the built environment to Nicola Manning (email@example.com). Clearly mark your email with “Environmental Consultant Application”. For more information or an informal (and confidential) chat please contact Jack Dalziel (Managing Director) 01787 247595.
In line with GDPR regulations, we will keep your CV until we have made a decision to progress your application further. If your application is not successful at any point leading up to the job offer stage, your CV and details will be permanently removed from our database. If your application is successful up to the point of a job offer, your CV will be held on file and form part of the employment personnel files we hold on all employees.