As environmental consultants, we at SRL feel that it is important to support this day.
Why should you get involved in National Clean Air day?
- Air pollution is harmful to your health. It is linked to increases in cancer, respiratory disorders, cardiovascular disease and even Type II diabetes and dementia.
- Exposure to air pollution during pregnancy can affect unborn babies. Research has linked air pollution to low birth weights and premature births.
- It is estimated that the UK economy loses more than £20 billion annually due to staff calling in sick with pollution-related illnesses.
- Opting to walk or cycle to work instead of using your car can save you money, as well as reducing your contribution to pollution levels. If you take a route away from busy roads, you will also reduce your exposure to air pollution.
- Raise awareness! Helping people understand the dangers of air pollution and how they can protect themselves and reduce pollution will help improve air quality for everyone.
Follow the lead of some of our staff and make your own pledge to help reduce pollution for National Clean Air Day this Thursday!
For some simple ways to help reduce pollution have a look at the National Clean Air Day page on our website.